Thursday, August 28, 2008

Week 34

I had my doctor appointment on Tuesday and the baby is at -1 and cervix is 70%. So, my body and my baby are struggling each other; Ash is ready to come OUT and my body is doing its best to keep him IN... and I just get to feel all the fun effects of it : ) His head and shoulders are just right on my pelvic bone and every step, every bump on the road I just feel him hitting it. My doctor would like for me to make it to 36 weeks, and thinks I can, I just have to really decrease my activity. Angie has been here all week helping me and my mother-in-law is coming Monday for a week (thanks Sandy!!!) Picking up Avelyn is nearly impossible, which is so hard. I only have a few more weeks with her as my only baby and I can barely snuggle and carry her around. I guess it is just getting her used to the changes soon to come...
Also, to top it all off, I found out yesterday that Av's bedroom furniture won't be here until the first week of October!! It was supposed to come this weekend!! Anyone who has been pregnant knows about the compulsive need to have everything organized, cleaned out, put away, done. So, you can imagine my need to absolutely scream that Av's room has no furniture and just bags of newly washed bedding, clothes and wall decorations just sitting in the middle of the floor... and will be for the next 6 weeks!

In short, stay tuned because the baby could be here sooner than later : ) I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

You can make it, only two more weeks and he'll be so much bigger and ready to come out. Are you having contractions? I barely made it with Ethan so I completely understand. I would be going nuts to having the furniture be delayed. Glad to hear you have so much help with Avelyn right now. It is just preparing you and her for the new addition but still it's hard. Have a relaxing two weeks with the extra help. And maybe he'll surprise you and stay in even a little longer!

Take care.

Jaime said...

Hang in there. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He'll be watching over you.