Week 26
I took my glucose test this week to check for diabetes... what an experience! I dipped extremely low in sugar an hour after taking the drink and almost passed out at the doctors office! I had to lay down and drink water and eat crackers... they even had to come to the examination room to take my blood because I wasn't allowed to get up and move. The sugar drink made the baby go nuts, the nurse had a hard time getting a solid heart rate because she was squirming all over the place in my belly : ) But we did get it, in the high 150's, which is great! I am a little upset that the doctor's office didn't warn me that I could have a side-effect to the drink, because then Scott would have driven me to the appointment. Oh well, live and learn.
The baby is getting more active... at least 20 kicks every two hours, and she is great at responding to noise. If anyone talks close to my belly and tells her to move, within 5 seconds "kick!" We'll keep you posted on any updates!
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Posted by Abby and Scott at 5:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh what a horrible experience. I will keep that in mind though, I'm 13 weeks and with the doctor being about 45 minutes away... I will make Tony go with me to that visit!
I am keeping an eye on Kristen and Curt's blog to see when she goes into labor :)
I am looking forward to feeling my little one kick! I guess I need to get as much sleep as I can now though before that starts happening.
May will be here before you know it. Take care.
Post a Comment