And... IT'S A GIRL!!!
Aria Marie Holtkamp
Born: 3/15/2011 at 1:35 AM
7 lbs 3 oz and 20"
Mommy's Story:
First, we are so happy and blessed to have another healthy baby. We never take for granted how lucky we are; 10 fingers, 10 toes :)
Being induced is SO much different than kicking into natural labor. Within 10 minutes of starting the meds I was contracting every 4 minutes and quickly went to every 2-3 minutes. So I labored for about 1.5 hours before my epidural and once I had that I shivered violently for about 3 hours due to my labor progressing so quickly. My epidural was so good that I had no feeling from my ribcage down... but I was SO numb I couldn't bare to watch people move me around, it was the freakiest feeling, I felt like a weeble-wobble :)
The bonus came when it was time to push and she just slid out. I pushed through four contractions and it was done, with very little tearing!!
About Aria:
She came out clean as a whistle, tiny little ball, screaming within 2 seconds. Boy does she have a TEMPER!! Scott and I just looked at each other; we have never heard a baby with that high of an octave! She has the bluest eyes... a deep navy blue! What I love is, the minute she laid on me she stopped crying and just nestled in :)
I have been thinking of my Grandma Carney all day... today would be her 93rd birthday and I am so happy that my daughter and her will share this special day. I can't help but wonder if she had a hand in all of this :)
We will post pics as the day progresses, for now we need sleep!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Posted by Abby and Scott at 1:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
She already looks like Abby!
Congratulations folks!
Congratulations Abby and Scott--She is absolutely beautiful!
She is BEAUTIFUL
Can't wait to see and hold our newest granddaughter!!!
Love mom and dad H
What a beautiful little girl!
What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I can't believe how much she already looks like the both of you!
She is sooo adorable! Love those chubby little cheeks. She looks like her mommy! Congrats!
Oops...that comment above is from Vaness! True blonde moment:)
Post a Comment