Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 36

First, I want to apologize to my children and to this new baby for not posting for over a year now. There are no excuses and I am sorry. But, I am finally getting back to blogging and will be updating this often.
So, week 36 is starting tomorrow. Ugh, I am ready for this girl to be delivered... who is even more ready is Avelyn!! She is just bursting with excitement. She talks to her all the time and believes she can see what she does. We went to Red Lobster Friday night (Ave picked it for our girls night out) and asked the baby if she could see the Lobsters in the tank... only a few people around us laughed :)
Ashden is choosing to pretty much ignore all discussions of the baby. He knows her name and is excited her room is done, but the convo ends there... he would much rather climb on her crib and play with her toys.
In regards to the baby, she has been the best pregnancy yet. My nausea was done at week 14 and I have felt pretty darn good up until week 30. Her movements are very different from Ashden and Avelyn; they both could pack a mean punch, where this one flutters around. I call her my ballerina baby... Ash was my head-bangin' rock star.
I nested last week. Her room is ready, all laundry done and the bags are packed.
I am 1cm dilated and my cervix has softened, she is really low... so we will see when she makes an appearance :)

Avelyn
My last post was about Ave getting ready to register for preschool... well, she got in! She loves going to school, she took to it like a fish to water. We have gotten wonderful comments from her teachers on what a joy she is to have in class. This honestly didn't shock me, considering what a "little helper" she is to me at home and from what I observed on her first day of school. She always volunteered the answer, followed directions and sang her loudest :) Ha! Ave has made some good friends at school, one of whom she has play dates with. It is so nice to meet some new families in our town.
I just can't express enough what fun it has been to see her mature over the past year and really blossom into her true personality. Ave is definitely our creative child... anything to do with singing and dancing. We are shocked by how well she can hit notes, stay on key and remember song lyrics. It is just hard for me because I love to sing all the Disney songs just as much as she does, but she won't let me... "mommy stop singing, just me!"
"When I get bigger..." is a main theme for a lot of our conversations. The other day she informed me that she will do ALL the dishes. (i just had to put that in writing)

Ashden
What can I say about Ashden other than he is two. The other day at Carters it went like this... "Ash, it is time to go" Ash: "No, stop saying that!!" Followed by a good left-hook to my face then he pushed Ave down so hard her Uggs fell off her feet, then he ran out the front door and almost got hit by a car. In my fit of furry I believe the phrase "I am too pregnant to deal with this crap" was shouted across the parking lot :) Needless to say, Scott is helping me run all my errands for now.
Honestly, besides a few terrible-two episodes Ash is a really sweet boy that tries his best to follow directions and stay-on-task :) His organizational skills amaze me. He spends half his playtime putting his cars and dinosaurs in neat little rows... or in piles of likeness. His is truly becoming a boy though, his superhero phase is kicking in and so is his hitting/kicking/rough-housing/dare-devil phase.
We started potty training about a month ago. It was going really well, but a bad virus has sort-of stalled the process. But, we did have a very profound conversation on the toilet one day and I have to get it in writing so I never forget it:

Ash: What this momma?
Me: Um, that's called a ball sac... they are your balls. (I've decided being honest and frank is best)
Ash: Oh... me play with them??
Me: No, Ash, you do not play with those balls
Ash: Okay momma

I hope my words of wisdom are forever ingrained in his head!

I will post some pics tomorrow of the kiddos!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yea! Return of the Blog :):):)

Jaime said...

What?! I was just thinking about deleting the link! Can't wait to hear all about life. (computer cartwheel here)

Diana said...

It is so great you are blogging again for those of us you don't facebook. I am so excited to stay in touch with all these great kids and share in their growing. Thank you. Thank you