Monday, July 21, 2008

14 Month Update

Well, time is flying by too fast as usual. What's new? Tantrum outbursts, constant babbling and conversational interaction. It is so nice, I can now ask Avelyn Yes/No questions and get a response!! Yes, finally!! i.e. I ask her is she is hungry... "Yes" and she walks to the kitchen. I ask her is she wants milk... "Yes" and she walks to the fridge. She can't say No yet... so if I ask a question and she gives me no response, I take it to mean no. I can tell her to go and get things, or to bring things to me and she will do it (a majority of the time at least). Small steps, but they are steps in the right direction. In terms of tantrums, Av had her first screaming meltdown in public yesterday. We recently bought her the "Anywhere Chair" from PBK, well when we were in the store yesterday she was playing in the floor model chair, bouncing around on it and having fun, well when I told her it was time to leave and hold my hand she LOST it. I carried her out screaming! Oh, well. She got over it.

The baby and I had a rough weekend. I have been swelling and getting dizzy spells and I am in constant pain/cramping, ugh. I called my doctor this morning and will see her on Friday to make sure everything is okay. I was nervous though, Scott was in St. Louis over the weekend and the rest of the fam is in Vancouver/Seattle for the move... so, needless to say I want Scott to stay close by until the baby is born, only 10 more weeks (or less if he comes early).

So, we are all just getting through the summer, trying to stay cool and getting the house ready for the new one. We are ordering Av's new bedroom outfit next week and just bought her new bedding. I will spend August painting and decorating two bedrooms... fun stuff! Av only has 5 more weeks in a crib, then a big girl bed. Time flies...

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Wow, less than ten weeks to go. Sounds like you have your hands full with Av. I can't wait to see how their rooms turn out. October will be here before you know it. Keep us posted on what your doctor says this week. I'll pray that it's nothing a little rest won't fix. :) Take care.