Saturday, June 23, 2007

1 Month Update



Avelyn is already a month old!! Wow, how fast time goes. She is getting more active and staying awake more during the day, so we put her in her "kick" jungle gym this past week. She loves it!
I am trying to get a picture of her smile, but it is proving to be harder than I thought. She has started, in the past 2 weeks, responding to facial expressions. She has great eye contact with people now and will mimic how their mouth moves (when she is in the right mood). It's fun to see how a baby progresses.




We had her one month check-up yesterday. She is in the 50th percentile for everything. Her weight is now 8lbs 15oz and her length is 21". Avelyn had to get a blood test done... so she was a little upset when they took her blood, but she survived and got a cute penguin band-aid to sport around last night : )


Avelyn also got to meet her Great Grandpa Carney yesterday!!! The visit was short, but we are going back to Cincy on Tuesday so Papa can hold her some more : )



The dogs continue to do well with the new family addition... though Cooper has had a little harder time with the lack of attention. This is his new sleeping spot (during the day). Since the couch now belongs to Avelyn, Cooper has made this big dog toy his new bed. When he is not sleeping, he is giving me sad little puppy eyes. But, trust me, his life is by no means hard... so don't feel bad for my spoiled pup : )

3 comments:

Marcy said...

It is great to hear that Avelyn is doing so well. I can't wait to see a photo of her smiling! I am curious to see how our yorkie maltese does when the baby comes. It is good to hear that your dogs are doing well with the adjustment.

PS. Thanks for the suggested reading material. I loved reading Belly Laughs though I wish it would have been a longer book! Tony even read part of it... of course it has Jenny McCarthy on the front of it and not any of the weird pictures my other pregnancy books have so he took interest to it. :) I think it helped him understand a few things!

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big! She's beautiful.

Jaime said...

I take it she doesn't scream constantly. Circle used to run and hide in our closet with both the boys. I think she was stressed out! It is fun to see them learn and grow so quickly! Keep blogging, print them out monthly, and stick them in a binder.