Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kids Update...

It has been a while since I have just posted about what the kids are up to.

Avelyn:
What a little lady. She is really growing up and I am loving it. She listens, helps me clean and is showing an interest in cooking. I hear "me help!" a lot and I encourage it :) Cooper sleeps with Avelyn at night and Scott and I often hear her either singing or laughing at him until, oh, 11pm.
In regards to discipline, Ave loves telling Ashden he is a "bad boy" which sounds like "bee-boy!" She is also turning into quite the tattle-tale.
Potty training is going. We still have accidents every now and then, and pooping on the potty is just out of the question. But, she will finally go in public bathrooms, which makes going out A LOT easier.
Ave loves singing and playing dress-up. It is just a little scary how well she can walk in her high-heeled princess shoes. Ashden also loves playing dress-up in her princess stuff, which I find hilarious (Scott does not).He loves putting on the tiaras!!

Ashden:
Full of energy is an understatement. I have never seen a baby go as much as Ash. Even when he was up all night puking, he woke, smiled at us and "was off" he didn't stop playing until bed time. ugh :) Such a little cuddler, but discovering his temper! Ash is left-handed and can really zing a ball across a room. He is repeating words and his vocab is really growing!! He is in love with his sister... and in even more love with getting a rise out of her; he takes her blanket, her nuke, her silverware, her cups, etc. anything that will make her scream and chase after him. He just laughs, even as she is body slamming him to the ground, just giggles :)

We have fun meeting up with Ty, Zoe and Aunt Angie every week. With passes to the Zoo and Cosi, we are always looking for creative ways to stimulate and tire the kids for naptime :)!! I love that Ave and Ash are able to play with their cousins every week.

Scott and I have found a great babysitter whom allows us to have date night every Thursday and Saturday! Greatly needed alone time to just unwind from work. Life is great, busy, tiring and fun :)

No comments: