8 Month Update
Happy 8 months to Avelyn! She gave her mommy the best present this week; she is saying "mama" YEAH! Finally, enough of this dada business : ) Her words so far: dada, mama, ball, hi, hi there. She is also waving, and I caught her clapping her hands the other day. She is a fast and determined crawler and thinks the word "no" and "stop" is hilarious. Going from crawling, to sitting to standing is no problem. The other day I was on the couch, working on the laptop and I hear this grunt, then a little hand slam on the edge of the couch, a grunt, and then a little head pop up on the couch, a grunt, and a standing baby looking at me and she said "hi there" with a sigh. I just laughed and said "well, hello there to you too."
Sleeping has not been too good around the house lately. Av doesn't like to sleep anymore and she is ready to roll at 1am, then 5 am. At 1am last night she was in her crib jibber-jabbering to someone. We had a real heart-to-heart this morning at 5am, while standing by the kitchen window, lit by the moon. "When the moon is up and bright we are supposed to be sleeping. When the sun is up, that is when we wake up. So, when you open your eyes and see the moon, you should go back to sleep." She looked at me and started laughing and rocking. Maybe someday she will appreciate my wisdom : )
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Posted by Abby and Scott at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When you find the trick to the sleeping thing, let me know. My little guy doesn't like sleeping either, and though most of it's from teething... he is bright eyed at 5AM every morning... I was NEVER a morning person, and have always cherished any time I could nap... maybe ONE DAY he'll appreciate those too and we will all be less sleep deprived around the house! :)
Post a Comment