Monday, December 10, 2007

Stranger Danger

So, I have to share with you how freaked out Scott and I are when we take Avelyn out in public; we are stopped ALL the time from strangers wanting to look at and TOUCH her. I understand people saying "oh, what a cute baby" and just moving on. But, people that come up to us just linger and want to touch her and they won't leave us alone!!! My mom and I actually had a group of ladies come over to our table at lunch and MOVE Avelyn's car seat so they could look at her and asked if they could TAKE HER to their table and WATCH her, while we ate our lunch. ARE YOU CRAZY???!! Who are these people? I think I am going to post a sign on her stroller that says "Look but don't Linger" : )

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Isn't that so scary! I don't understand some people. But Avelyn is ADORABLE so I can see why people would want to stare! It happens at Walmart and Target with Ethan all the time and it freaks me out. Luckily I haven't had anyone ask to take him back to their table while we eat! That is just too strange, weird and creeeeeepy! I know the little ol' ladies probably had good intentions... but in this day and age!

Kristen said...

I hate that people think it is okay to touch babies. I still carry hand sanitizer and wet ones with me to wipe their hands off after someone touches the kids.